About AEPP® Certification Program
by Precepts Academy Pte Ltd
Associate Estate Planning Practitioner (AEPP®) Certification Program is a practical and marketing based course for financial advisers wishing to use estate planning to enhance their core advisory services. This accreditation is awarded by the Society of Will Writers (SWW) of the UK and the Estate Planning Practitioners Limited (EPPL). Since April 2007, it has benefited more than 5000 practitioners in the banking and financial planning industry. Precepts Academy Pte Ltd is the appointed course facilitator and marketing agent for the AEPP® course in Singapore.
Our dynamic and experienced course facilitators have plenty of insights to share with you on how to use estate planning to energise and supercharge your advisory business.
Day 1 – Practical Aspects of Estate Planning
- The What and Why of estate planning
- The Tools of estate planning – WIlls, Trusts, Power of Attorney, Offshore Companies, Business Succession.
- Building a successful financial advisory business using estate planning.
Day 2 – Integrating Modern Estate Planning Strategies in Managing Family Wealth
- Effective estate planning, the methodology and distribution plan– Case Study: The Mass Afluent Family
- The Complexities of inheritance, dynastic succession and wealth perpetuation.– Case Study: Family Holding and Companies – the dynamics and complexities.
- Legacy Planning, wealth missions and regeneration.– Case Study: The High Net Worth Business Founder and Multigenerational Wealth Perpetuation.
- Planning with the elder client, changing demographics, mental incapacity.– Case Study: The Elder Client – Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) and elder trust.
Alan Wong is an Associate Financial Planner® (AFP®) accredited with the Financial Planning Association of Singapore(FPAS) and an Associate Estate Planning Practitioner (AEPP®). He is the Principal Consultant of w3 Consultancy Pte Ltd which provides training and consultancy services in the specialized field of Business Protection Planning. He has trained numerous financial consultants from insurers as well as IFAs. A financial consultant himself with more than 15 years of experience, he focuses his practice on planning for Business Owners using estate planning. He is highly effective in penetrating this market and often able to win over clients from banks and other intermediaries who serve the ultra HNW individuals and business owners.
Lee Chiwi was called to the Bar of England & Wales as a Barrister-at-Law in 1986 and admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of Singapore in 1988. In 2004, he was appointed as Chief Executive of British & Malayan Trustees Limited. He joined Rockwills Singapore in 2008 as Chief Executive and is widely recognized for his expertise in the Trusts industry.
He is a member of the Law Society’s Probate Practice and Succession Planning Committee, Chiwi has been adjunct lecturer at the SMU’s Masters program in Wealth Management, (Estate Planning and Tax). He has regularly been invited to speak at various seminars organized including IRAS and the IBF. He is the author of various books including the “The Rockwills Guide to Succession and Trusts in Wealth Management”, 3rd edition, 2017.